3/1/19

2018 YEARLY RECAP !!!

IT'S THE END OF 2018 !!! Can you believe that? I definitely can't! It's finally that time for us to talk about our bookish years and there's truly nothing that excites me so much as this !!! Trying to summarize my year in something slightly coherent for you to read? Challenge accepted. And we're all flooded by thoughts like "How on Earth did I manage to read so much? How did I read so little? How many books did I read? WOW! How do I pick my favourites? FAVOURITES? Aaagggghhh! Books. Books. Books. Ugh, I'm hungry". I brought you my post talking about THE BOOKS I READ IN 2018, but this one is gonna be different. This is my yearly recap! HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

COMPARING TO PREVIOUS YEARS...
That's right, I read 175 books this year.
Nope, I can't believe it either, so let's just make no comment on that huge amount xD. This was a surprise for me as well, trust me. AND IT'S A HUUUUUGE INCREASE COMAPRED TO PREVIOUS YEARS!
I wasn't planning to read this much, I swear! I'm amazed as well. AND proud. But what can I say? 175 BOOKS, damn it !!!!

MY FAVOURITE BOOKS OF 2018
You know how haaaard it is for me to pick my favourite books of the year, because I clearly wanna go for them all and talk about every single book I've read. That's why I wrote my previous post (which you definitely should go and read because it's full of stunning books), and managed to make this list as short as possible. So here is my 14-books-long list of favourite books I read this year, without a specific order. GO AND LOVE THEM TOO !!!


The Cruel Prince || The Poppy War || The Poet X || The Great Alone  || Scythe || Ace of Shades || Bright We Burn || Nevernight || The Wicker King || The Color Project || The Inexplicable Logic of my Life || The Kiss Quotient || Eliza and her Monsters || The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

SOME CURIOUS DATA
C'mon, who doesn't love statistics? I adooore them! I had a fantastic time gathering the data to make these graphs, which was also a big deal of work. Here go my statstics regarding the bookish genres I read this year, my average ratings, the different formats I used to read (paperbacks and hardbacks vs. ebooks), whether the books I read were written by male or female authors, if they were standalones or series and what language I read them in (English vs. Spanish). I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS! Go admire my pretty graphs xD.
 

Plus, I read more books during the SECOND HALF of the year, even when that one was a lot more hectic than the first half. I read 85 books between January and June and 95 books during the second half of the year. Aaaaand the month where I read the most books was JULY, where I devoured 23 books in a month, while the month where I read the least was MARCH, with a total of 8 books.

READING CHALLENGES OF THE YEAR
For my Goodreads challange of 2018, I set myself the goal fo reading at least 60 books. I just join this challenge as a formality, really, because I neeever know how many books I'll read during the year (life is unexpected, peeps) so I was pleased if I read at least 60 books. Someday I'll tell you my story with Goodreads, okay? But whatever, what is it that happened? Well, it appears I read more than twice as many books as I had expected! And I managed a total amount of 175 books. It's crazy, I know. I can't believe it either. THEY ARE SO MANY BOOKS !!! So we can say I fulfilled my reading goal for the year, huh, Goodreads?

Speaking of my Book Rainbow Challenge, I managed to read a book of every colour. It seems silly, book I truly adore this challenge! And here I leave you my 2018 rainbow. It's certainly gorgeous!


Plus, this year I created my own reading challenge called Through Books, where I pinned those real-life places I read about during the year. These are basically all the places I visited through books, meaning those settings I found in different novels and later placed in this map. AND I'M OBSSESSED WITH THIS MAP AS A RESULT !!!
Let's see, DID I FULFILL THE READING GOALS I'D SET FOR MYSELF FOR 2018?
 Read more historical fiction. I'll read at least one book of the genre a month. DID I DO THIS? Yeeessss! I read a total amount of 25 historical fiction novels, and I really want to keep on reading more books of the sort. I'm not sure if I read one book of these a month, but who cares?
✔ Read at least 60 books. DID I DO THIS? Ha! Defintiely xD
✔ Read more diverse books. I DEFINITELY DID THIS !!! Unfortunately, I didn't take down notes so I can't give you my statistics on that, but I certainly read maaaaaany diverse books and atfsygdfuhrg this is great.
✘ Write more books! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT A GREAT JOKE xD. Writing is something I've been procrastinating all year and I'm truly disappointed with myself about this, but I don't feel guilty. I hope to write as much as I can in 2019 as I didn't do it this year. Well, I did write, but I didn't finish any book!
✔ Book Rainbow Challenge? Yaaassss!

AMAZING THINGS THAT HAPPENED
 I hit 700 followers! (Aaaaand we're 1450 on Twitter and 1421 on Instagram.)
• My blog ended up among the last 3 finalists for the Blogging Prize of the Feria Internacional del Libro de Buenos Aires [2018] and won the second prize!
 I interviewed great authors like Riley Redgate, Lisa Maxwell, Anna K. Franco, R.F. Kuang y Adrienne Young.
 I MET ADAM SILVERA !!! That's right, the bestseller author of contemporary LGBTQ+  novels visited Argentina and I had the pleasure to meet him and get his books signed. AND I APPEARED IN HIS INSTAGRAM STORIES !!!
• I. Appeared. In. Adam. Silvera's. Stories.
• I participated in a LiveShow for the channel of the stunning booktuber that is SophiesticatedBooks (and you can watch that here!).
• I figured out what I might want to study at college! I won't say much because afsdygfuh life crisis, so let's leave it there. But! This! Is! Great!
• I helped Lisa Maxwell promote the sequel of The Last MagicianThe Devil's Thief, and my name is in some of the book's acknowledgements!



READING GOALS FOR 2019 + RESOLUTIONS
I don't usually plan these things (or anything in my life xD), so I actually haven't planned this yeat. I'll leave this list for 2019 and see what pops up:
• Read at least 60 books. That's gonna be my Goodreads challange, yup, and you're surely laughing at me right now because I'm setting such a low goal. But I don't care xD. I don't know how many books I'll read in 2019, but I'll go for 50 and figure things out from there.
• WRITE ANOTHER BOOK... because I've been procrastinating doing it for too long and it's time to sit down and actually do it.
• MEET MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR OF ALL TIME: VICTORIA SCHWAB.
• Participate once more in the Book Rainbow Challenga and in the Through Books challenge.
• Read more historical fiction!

4 comentarios: